GOT A QUESTION ABOUT
BUSINESS SERVICES?

Our Business Angel can help with any
queries about business in Solihull –
just type a question for her below

ASK OUR BUSINESS ANGEL

Solihull BID

Menu

The team at Touchwood is celebrating after winning a prestigious Gold award at the Green World Environment Awards, following an international campaign to find the world’s greenest countries, companies and communities.

Touchwood competed against more than 500 other nominations from around the world, before being crowned the winner of the coveted Environmental Best Practice category.

The accolade was awarded in recognition of the centre’s Recycling Behaviour Change project, which saw the team improve recycling rates across the board, from recycling 40% of waste on average, to fully recycling a phenomenal 98% of materials, with the remaining 2% going towards energy recovery, enabling it to achieve 0% waste to landfill.

The centre’s winning entry will also be published in The Green Book, a leading international work of reference on environmental best practice, designed to inspire others around the world to improve their green credentials.

Paul Wilshere, Property Manager at Touchwood, comments: “Sustainability has always sat at the heart of everything we do here at Touchwood and is a subject our whole team is truly passionate about, so it’s absolutely fantastic that our hard work has been recognised internationally. We look forward to continuing our efforts to improve our energy efficiency even further.”

The awards are organised by The Green Organisation, an international, independent, non-political, non-profit environment group dedicated to recognising, rewarding and promoting environmental best practice around the world.

Touchwood houses some of the UK’s best restaurants, international brands, designer retailers and independent boutique style stores. For further information, visit www.touchwoodsolihull.co.uk or telephone 0121 709 6900.